Friday, March 4, 2016

EdTech Team Virginia Summit



This weekend I am fortunate to have the opportunity to present at the EdTech Team Virginia Summit featuring Google Apps for Education. This is one of the best Google conferences in the state. Last March, I attended my first summit and was amazed by the presenters and the wealth of knowledge they possessed about Google Apps for Education and the innovative ideas they had for classroom integration. It was at that summit that I decided I wanted to be like these individuals.

I continued to hone my GAFE skills, earning Google Educator certifications, as well as becoming a Google for Education Certified Trainer. In addition, I had the chance to present at VSTE 2015, FLAVA, and several local conferences. Through these presentations, I gained confidence and knew I was ready to submit a proposal for the Virginia Summit. I decided to submit several proposals, all on various topics since I was not sure what EdTech Team would be looking for. In early February, I learned that I would be presenting not one session, but four sessions at the Virginia Summit. I was completely humbled. I thought I would be lucky if one of my sessions would be accepted, but to have all four sessions accepted is unreal.

This weekend will be filled with lots of learning, teaching, and networking. I look forward to meeting new people and expanding my personal learning network. The members of the EdTech Team are my mentors and idols. To get to present with them this weekend is so awesome. I still cannot believe that I will be participating in the Demo Slam with them. I'll share my Slam after the summit. But for now, I'll say that I think I have a pretty good one. This Sweet Briar Vixen has her gloves off and pearls on - I'm ready for the competition.

If you are attending the Virginia Summit, please join me in my sessions. I promise you'll learn a thing or two and have a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment