Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Come to the Edge


Come to the edge.
We can't. We're afraid.
Come to the edge. 
We can't We will fall.
Come to the edge. 
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

~ Guillaume Apollinaire 


Today marks the first day of transforming my class to a paperless classroom. After receiving a grant for a classroom set of Chromebooks from the Warren County Educational Endowment, I decided to take a leap of faith and leave the paper behind. I am definitely coming to the edge and am ready to fly.

As I begin this journey, I am filled with many emotions from excitement to fear. I shared these feelings with my students and realized that they are experiencing the same emotions. I know throughout this journey that there will be many successes, but there will also be mistakes. I will not look at the mistakes as failures but rather learning experiences. In order to truly transform, you have to be willing to take risks.



Throughout the course of the semester, I will continue to share our successes, failures, and experiences on the journey to a paperless classroom.

Chromebooks in Class (1).png


This word cloud represents my students thoughts about using technology, especially Chromebooks and Google Apps for Education in class. I know that the increased use of technology will allow my students to be communicators, collaborators, critical thinkers and creators who are ready to be change agents.

By allowing my students to come to the edge, I want to inspire them, to help them find a purpose in their learning, to recognize the power of a beautiful oops, and to let them realize that they are capable of more than we can imagine (or even they can imagine). As my amazing Hawks begin this journey, I hope to not only give them the wings to fly, but to soar as they come to the edge with me.

So, will you come to the edge with us?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking on this challenge! You can(and will) do it and I am excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susanne! I really appreciate your support as I begin this journey.

    ReplyDelete