Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I am a French teacher at Skyline High School in Front Royal, VA. This will be my 8th year teaching at Skyline. Besides being extremely passionate about teaching, I am also extremely passionate about technology and integrating technology in the classroom.

My school district recognized me as one of six technology leaders and as a result, I participated in the Google Educator Cohort through Lord Fairfax Community College in Middletown, VA. I become a Google Certified Educator in March 2015. When Google announced the changes to the certification programs this summer, I decided to take the new exams. I earned Google Certified Educator Level 1 on July 17 and Google Certified Educator Level 2 on July 19. It is my goal to become a Google Certified Trainer and a Google Certified Innovator.

I enjoy training others in Google for Education (GAFE) and look forward to sharing my tech tips and tricks, along with classroom successes in this blog. Feel free to ask me questions and together we will learn how to prepare our students to be 21st Century learners.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sharing. I really like your ideas and sources. If you do not mind I want to save your sources and put them in my Future File that has all the activities and ideas that I hop I can apply in my future career as a teacher.
    I posted a comment before but I could not find it.

    Best regard,
    Alanod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alanod! Please feel free to use any resources I share on this blog. I am writing this blog as a way to share my ideas on teaching and technology, along with successes and failures.

      Delete
  2. Great blog Heidi with great resources!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim! I appreciate your support and all that you have taught me!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Rich! I hope you enjoy my blog and learn some technology tips along the way.

      Delete